Whilst being mindful of individual circumstances, the Policy of Charnwood 2019 International Scout and Guide Camp is that all Deposits and Payments are Non-Refundable.
The camp will however entertain replacement participants in the event that a particular person is unable to attend. These alterations will be dealt with on an individual basis and it should not be assumed that all requests for alterations of personnel will be sanctioned. In particular – last minute replacements will not be allowed.
In respect of those persons who have paid the full amount who are unable to attend and are unable to find a replacement – the camp will consider requests for refunds – but these will again be dealt with on an individual basis – after the camp has finished, and only if there are sufficient funds available to make the payment.
The following Booking Conditions and Terms are circulated to those making a Camp Booking.
General Booking Conditions and Terms
1. General Booking Conditions and General Terms
2. Charnwood 2019 is jointly organised on behalf of the Leicestershire Scout Council and Girlguiding Leicestershire.
3. Charnwood 2019 is run in accordance with the UK Scout Association’s – Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR) and Girlguiding – The Guiding Manual and the camp specific policies. All participants, leaders and staff will be required to comply with these Policies, Rules and Instructions.
4. Actions of any Participant, Leader or member of Staff which breaches the UK Scout Association’s – Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR) and/or Girlguiding – The Guiding Manual, or any behaviour which is likely to cause offense, nuisance, damage or criminal damage, injury or bring The Scout Association, Girlguiding or Charnwood 2019 into disrepute will be addressed by the Camp Directors who will decide an appropriate course of action. Among other sanctions, this may include a request to leave the event, in which case, costs incurred following a request to leave the camp shall be the responsibility of the individual or camping unit.
5. The Organisers of Charnwood 2019 retain the right to amend, alter or vary the advertised/promised programme without being obliged to give a refund of all or any part of the fee.
6. The Leaders and Staff who are Scout and Guide Members 18 or over must be able to provide their DBS valid until the last day of the camp. International Leaders and Staff must comply with equivalent Child Protection / Safeguarding requirements of their home country and when requested, present evidence to the Camp Organisers.
7. Participants, leaders and staff attending Charnwood 2019 shall not undertake trade or commercial activities on site without prior written permission of the Camp Directors.
8. Fees paid at any time to the camp during the booking process are non-refundable – except in accordance with the cancellation policy. Cancellation Policy can be viewed on the Camp Website.
9. In the unlikely event that Charnwood 2019 is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Organisers or the Scout or Guide Counties, money will be refunded to the extent that money has not already been expended or committed to be spent. This may mean that no fees can be refunded, as such Camping Groups and individuals are therefore to be encouraged to take out appropriate adequate insurance for this eventuality.
10. Camp Fees excludes all food, travel to and from the event(except where booked by Internationals), the provision of personal or unit equipment – including camping equipment, or insurance of personal or unit equipment